Wherever you come from and wherever you go in Nepal, respect the locals, their beliefs, and their culture if you want to have a memorable trip. Some of the common etiquettes that will help you connect with the locals easily are mentioned below.
- Always greet any local saying Namaste, joining your both palms, bending little and with a smile.
- Do not enter temples or someone's house with your shoes on.
- We do not exchange things with our left hand or touch anyone intentionally with our feet. It is taken as ill-mannered and not considered auspicious.
- Wear clothes as per the place. Try not to wear revealing clothes in rural areas or the market.
- Do not take photos or videos in prohibited areas.
- Public displays of affection are considered scandalous.